WARNING:::: LONG Post!!!
Recap...
April 25th, 2010 - Our 1 Year Anniversary! Jeff did an amazing job planning a vacation for us to Dominican Republic. We stayed at the Majestic Elegance and it was Beautiful!! I was so thankful and proud of him for planning this trip all by himself!!! YAY! I am typically the social and vacation planner so it was nice to just show up at the airport and do what he told me to do... :)
An Amazing 1st year it has been!! Love you Bab!
(Banner on our door when we arrived!)
May 8-15, 2010
Jeff went to St. Louis for the week for work, so I decided to use that time to take a trip to FL to the beach with family and friends.
I was there for Mother's Day and got to see my Sister, BIL, kids, Mom and Dad, and even my Mother in Law, was in town with her friend "Sister".
After the weekend, the family headed home and I was joined by Nicole H, and Nicole M, and her kiddos. We had a great girls week and some great weather to top it off! It was a great week with family and friends.
Now, Jeff really didn't have ALL work while he was gone.....he enjoyed a Cards game, toured the Budweiser Plant, took pics of the Clydesdale and the Bud doggie, went to the casino, and somehow managed to "break"(it might or might not of had anything to do with a beer spilling on it) his phone. Needless to say....I don't think he was that jealous of me! :)
Only Pics from the week... :(
May 21-24
Another TRIP!!! YEP, up to the NC Mountains I went.....
I left on Friday to meet Nicole M, at her in-laws Mountain house in Sapphire, NC. Between Highlands and Cashiers. We had a great night, with Nicole making a fabulous Stuffed Chicken dish over angel hair with an artichoke wine sauce! Fabulous!! And Danced around with some cocktails and DMB!! An amazing night for sure. And the Weather was an Amazing break from the heat we were experiencing here in Charleston.
Saturday - we were off to Asheville, to celebrate with a 1 year old! Summer Marie Martin turned 1!! Jana spent a lot of time on many cute little decorations around the house and all her family was there to celebrate. Happy 1st Birthday Summer Marie!
Nicole and I returned to the house, pretty tired and decided to call for a lower key evening, and some rest.
Then Sunday I was off to Greenville for the night to see the newly engaged Ashley Inabinet and Nick Brown! Great visit and I got to go with her to pick up her wedding dress so I got to see it!!
June
June here was HOT!! Jeff and I started practicing golf, and it took a while for me, but I was actually starting to make contact with the ball! HA! Yes, which meant that a bucket of 80 balls at the driving range, meant that I swung at least 200 times!! Hey, don't judge..... :)
Well.....that lead to me ending up in the ER one morning.....yep! urrggh!
The most frustrating thing EVER!! Have you ever laid in bed and not been able to get up?? I'm not talking about opening your eyes; I'm talking about physically not being able to move to sit up!!! One of the scariest things that has happened to me. I had to call Jeff at work to come home and get me, and it was still a struggle getting me out of bed. Talk about a humbling experience, when your husband has to get you dressed bc you can't move!! Anyway, after several tests, it turned out I had a sprained Rhomboid muscle, which is the muscle behind your shoulder blade. It was so inflamed it put pressure on my lungs, making it hard to breathe, and all my muscles around it had tightened including my neck so I couldn't move it! Misery!! Anyway, I don't feel like talking anymore about it.....it HURT!! I opted against having 6 shots directed into my back muscle and instead decided to go to a chiropractor. Jeff and I felt the shots were just a band aid that were going to numb the pain, but not actually "fix" the root of the problem. I'd never been to one, but heard good things. I am a fan! After 4 visits, I'm back to normal!! It took me over 4 weeks to get full movement back, but I'm back!!! YAY!
June 9-13
Boston and Cape Cod!
This trip landed a day after my ER visit so I was a little drugged up most of the trip, but fun none the less. My mom and I went to the Cape to visit her cousins that are still there.
We flew in and made our way over to Swampscott, MA(about 20min from Logan Airport) were my Mom was born! We found her house and her Grandmother's homes. It was such a pretty little community right on the water. We took a pic of her home, although she said it has definitely been updated and added on to.
(Mom's childhood Home)
We then made it to the home in Poccasset, where her cousins grew up going, right on the Canal. Mom and I had the house to ourselves. So nice and peaceful.
We had a great time, relaxing, shopping, visiting with her cousin Cindy, Even going and listening to her band play, Eating lobster and clam chowder, and Sipping wine on the porch overlooking the Canal.
View from the Porch Every Evening!
Cute Victorian Style Dollhouse Homes in Oak Bluffs
(I automatically start singing the Jack-o-Pierce song..."And we'll go to the Vineyard for the Summer, we'll go to the Vineyard for the year. We'll buy a little house down there in Oak Bluffs..." :) )
Charlotte for the night for a Concert. Lynard Skynard/Bret Michaels....oh, the people watching was Grande!! HA!
HA! Guess I needed my Sunglasses on bc the stage lights were so bright!
July 4th weekend was fabulous!!
concert Friday night, Beach day Sat, Basil for dinner Sat night, Sunday bike ride downtown, Firework picnic with friends Sunday night, and Monday lunch at 82 Queen with Grant, Maggie, Barrett, and their friends. We strolled downtown a bit and enjoyed having some friends in town enjoying our city! We had unusually cooler temps and the weekend was Perfection!
Our Bike Ride
July 10-18 - BEACH!!
The Annual Burr Family Beach trip was here! Off I went on Sat 10th and Jeff flew in on Wed. We had a great time with family, and even got to see Sally(mother-in-law), and our friends Chris and Kristi Thomas and Joe Birdnow. Kristi and I surprised the boys by conspiring to meet but not telling the boys who we were meeting. Chris and Jeff were college roommates, frat brothers, and best friends. They were soo surprised and we enjoyed an evening with them, although I have NO pics of that night. :(
Crab Hunting! Notice me leaping in the air as the Crab runs my way...HA
And now......here we are.....home for 2 weeks before we are off again........:)
The busy life of living!! Loving every minute of it!!
Hey....If you're out there and reading, let me know!!! Yes, You! I'm talking to you!! :) just leave a little comment and tell me you're reading. Might motivate me to update more. Yes, I'm talking to you!! :)
Hope you're having a good day!!
xo
I read the long up-dated post. Good pictures! Post more often - love to read it! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteHey chica!! So I feel like a dummy... it wasn't until I saw your comment on MJ's blog today and clicked your name that I found your blog! Didn't know it was here! you goof ball. Good to hear about what you're been up to! miss you xo
ReplyDeleteGirl... you know I'm reading it! Looks like y'all have been having fun! Can't wait to see you next week.
ReplyDelete