Some of you might not know the story of Madelyn's birth! Here it is!
It is March 30th and I went to the Doctor for my 40week appt! We decided that if she didn't come on her own then we would induce on Monday April 4th.
She checked me and my cervix was open and soft and I was 1cm dilated. She said she wouldn't be surprised if she came on her own in the next couple days. We went home and came to terms with the fact we would probably have to induce, as it didn't appear she was in any hurry.
Well, to my surprise at 3:30am I woke to some back pain. I thought at first it was just pain and I walked to the bathroom and it didn't go away. Then it did...then it came back....then it went away....I was a little confused.
You know, they tell you that you will know when you are in labor. I guess it wasn't so obvious to me. HA! I was experiencing back labor! Once I realized that the pains were coming every 10 mins and lasting about 45seconds, I realized this was probably labor! It was painful, and uncomfortable but not real bad. I've been told I have a high pain tolerance though...
I tried to go back to sleep but was unsuccessful. I decided not to wake Jeff bc there was nothing he could do, and it was too early to call the Dr. as they weren't close enough yet. I decided around 5:30 to get up and get in the shower. At that point they were getting a little more intense. Jeff woke up about 5:45am, and came in the bathroom and asked me if I was OK. I told him, he probably wasn't going to make it to work today! I was in Labor! I called the Dr. around 6:45ish, when they started getting a little more intense. I had a contraction while on the phone with her, and told her to hold on a moment, while I breathed through it. After hearing my voice, she told me to get on to the hospital. We arrived around 8, and I was only 1.5cm dilated and my contractions were about 7 1/2 minutes apart. The Dr. almost gave us the choice to go home.....crazy! We said we'd rather just stay! As long as I continued to progress they would start pitocin to speed me along and give me an epidural. They had me wait until 10:30! At this point, I had walked the halls and my contractions were about 5min apart. A couple had brought me to tears. Towards the end, I was MORE than ready for my epidural and thought it was CRUEL they were making me wait! When they checked me, I had progressed to 3.5cm on my own. They OK'd the epidural! YES! Sweet Relief!
I was more than ready for it! I had the epidural by around 11am and they started pitocin. At first the epidural kinked and just hit my right side. I got a little nervous bc I was still feeling the contractions on my left side. They had me lie on my left side to move the meds over and it finally worked.
I started this post a week ago....I'm trying to finish now...5/9
1pm - Dr came in and checked me. 6cm dilated and she broke my water, she said I'd probably have her around 5pm.
Ironically my parents were on their way and going to be here around 4:30pm and my Doc didn't have childcare for the afternoon so was leaving but one of her partners was going to check on me, otherwise she would be back around 5pm. She told me that they would check on me again around 3:30. I said...."What if it happens sooner?" She said.. "You will know!" You will feel pressure. OK....
And.....Peanuts awake......maybe I'll finish today....5/19
HA! it's 12:24am...on 6/1
So I'll try to finish this post....
By a little after 2pm, I felt pressure!! I was hesitant, and thought maybe it was "something" else..hehe, but then, called the nurse in....she checked me and I was 10cm!! Holy cow! It all went by so fast. They decided to let me labor down for a bit and called the doc.
I sent someone a text at 2:40.....and MG was born at 3:01pm!! HA! Once they said to start pushing, she was ready!! The doc literally ran in, in time to catch her!
I'll have to say that after throwing up for 30 weeks!! I had a pretty smooth labor and delivery. Almost smooth enough for me to forget the 30 weeks of puking! HA! not quite yet..... :)
Anyway....
3:01pm Madelyn Grace Coleman Arrived. Weighing 6lbs 10oz and 18 3/4 in long
Jeff, MG, and I had about an hour or so together just the 3 of us!! It was such a special time for our little family. We finally got to meet and hold our sweet baby girl! My parents arrived around 4:30pm just in time to greet MG during her bath.
It was an emotional day, and a day that changed our lives forever! For the BETTER!! :)
God is Good! Our Angel was healthy and we were all blessed that day.
Me and M
My "Push" Present! :) Stella and Dot! MG's initials, birthstone, cross, and feather(bc it was cool-J's words..HA!)
I just love reading a birth story! I know it took a while to write but it will be so cool to go back in a year and reread. Also love your necklace.
ReplyDelete