Monday, August 1, 2011

Tuscaloosa

We spent Monday sleeping in and recovering and hanging out with Mimi and Pops.  It was nice to catch up on some sleep.  Madelyn had her own crib and own room right next to Momma's room, so we both slept great!

Tuesday morning we woke up and were off to Tuscaloosa to visit my mother-in-law and sister.  Sally decided on a name....CiCi!!  So, I'll let the visit tell itself in pictures.  :)
 CiCi had this cradle that has been passed down from her friend Sister 
to all her friends with grandbabies for me to sleep in!
Isn't it a perfect fit!?
 CiCi and Grandpa Mike were very excited to see me!
 Kisses from Grandpa Mike


 CiCi's best friend Sister even came over for lunch and to meet me!
I wish I had pictures or actually a video of bath time.  Madelyn just laughed and laughed during her bath, and she had CiCi and Momma in stitches.
That evening, we went to my sister's for dinner and so MG could meet Parker and Dane.  Aunt Marg and Mollie came when MG was born but she had not met her Uncle Dane and cousin Parker.
Parker was soo excited and stood in the window waiting on us, and then was outside waiting when we pulled up.  The bike hit the ground and he opened my door and jumped in my lap before I could get my seat belt off.
Parker was just as excited to meet "Baby Madelyn" and hold her

 He thought it was so fun she would hold his finger
 My little Buddy has gotten so BIG
 Uncle Dane loving on me

 Kisses from Uncle Dane and Mollie

We had a great time in Tuscaloosa and visiting with our family there!  We look forward to seeing everyone again in the fall!
We left Tuscaloosa Wed around lunch and heading back to Birmingham to go meet G.G.(Great Grandmother), Jeff's grandmother.  She was waiting on us, and so excited to meet Madelyn.  Madelyn wasn't quite on her best behavior but it had been a long couple of days and poor baby was getting naps in the car, they were being cut short, and she was a little out of whack.  After a little while and laying out and playing, she perked up and showed GG her smiles and laughs.

Thankfully GG loves me anyway!  :)  
 I was so excited to meet GG, but just had to make sure Mom was still there... :)

 I showed GG how I can hold my cubes


 It was Great to spend some time with GG.  Can't wait to visit again in the fall!
I then showed off my sitting skills back at Mimi and Pops


 It was a long couple days and I was tired!  All wrapped up sleeping with Mimi!






1 comment: